12.27.2009



For Christmas, I helped out at my friend's school's Christmas celebration. Hearing that I was coming they decided to make me dress up as Santa and be one of the main judges. It was hilarious cuz at one point after announcing the winner, they blasted Beyonce club remix songs and all the children danced with (and around) me in some wild mosh pit.

I started going to (and will soon assist with) the official English Club at an American Corners organization in the city. It was refreshing because many of them were near my age and appeared to have interests beyond their daily routine (something I run into too much in my village). I foresee maybe forming some good friendships and connections through this place.

I was on the bus the other day and group of young kids and teens got onto the bus. They were wearing colorful rag clothes (something you'd see straight out of a stage play about peasants). They made a big spectacle of running around, trying to trip each other, punching each other – and then they got off without paying. It was strange. Maybe they were orphans. I wonder if it's common in KZ for people in these circumstances to get free access to public transportation. Or maybe they made a spectacle so people wouldn't mind them not paying because they'd be relieved to see them gone.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2009

    That is a PIMP ass Santa Robe!
    That is all.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete